Seven Things I Learned from the Got Marketing Workshop
June 12, 2017
Over the weekend I attended the Got Marketing Workshop put out by Tierney James, http://www.tierneyjames.com/ It was fun to get out and go to a workshop and I learned so much from this one. I have a lot of take away information that I know I am able to use to increase my marketing prowess.
What I learned At the Workshop
I have been going over my notes and here are a number of things that I have taken away from the workshop.
- First one of course was to write this blog about it and to let Tierney know that I have mentioned her in my blog post. Thank you so much Tierney for all of your insights into book marketing!
- Contact other authors that I met at the workshop. I made certain that at the workshop I took plenty of cards to share with the other authors that I knew I would meet there. I handed out twelve and got seven in return. I have already connected with Tierney, now just six more to go!
- Start a Marketing Notebook-All of my work has been in online documents scattered throughout my files. Today I went to the store and picked up the few things that I needed so that I could get started on this project.
- Every 90 days offer each of my books in this way on Amazon: 2 day free promotion, one day 99 cent promotion, two day $1.99 promotion and during the two free days, hit the free book websites. I can find these free book promotion sites by googling “free book promotions.
- Get a Street Team- Find people who are willing to help me promote my books on social media and do it in a structured way.
- Make memes that promote my books (without sounding salesy) and post them on social media. Have various themes so they don’t become “invisible”.
- Probably, the most exciting way that she showed me how to market is by using Pinterest. I plan to create these boards:
- A board for all the books by Cygnet Brown
- A board for the actors who I think should play my book characters when my book becomes a movie
- A board telling the story (without spoilers) for each book in the Locket Saga
- Boards about Specific historical events in the Locket Saga.
- Simply Vegetable Gardening Tips Board
- Help from Kelp Tips Board
- Diatomaceous Earth Tips Board
Followup, More Important than Learning
Although it is true that I learned a lot from this workshop, what’s more important than the learning is the fact that I need to implement what I have learned and have chosen to do with what I learned.
Well, now that I have written this blog post, I can cross that first one off the list! Of course, there are a lot more tips that she offered, but the items on this list, along with what I am already doing, should keep me busy at least for the next ninety days.
So what do you think? Which of these tips sounds most interesting you?
Sounds fun and as an added bonus, you came out of it with useful information. Thanks for sharing!
It was fun! Yes, some useful information and a blog post too!
It was fun meeting so many creative people. With any kind of workshop I always come away with more than I’ve given. Thanks for being there and this blog post. You rock!
I think I was probably the least creative of everyone that was in that room! Prolific, yes, creative, not as much as others in the room. Writing the blog helped me focus on just a few things that I picked up from the workshop.
Good job. You never know who you might have helped.
I enjoyed it as well. Ready to implement everything I learned. Not only is Tierney one of my fav authors (LOVE the Enigma Series), but she’s a great person.
I just met her, and I know what you mean!