Ten Ways to Market a Local Business Anthology
On last week’s article, I discussed how a community could develop an anthology to promote the businesses in their community. (Read it Here) Such a book would not only help develop community relationships but could be a tool for new comers to get a better idea of what the community, especially small communities or specific communities within larger cities.
Promoting A Local Anthology
1. Before book is put together, as part of the submission project, include within the cost of the submission the cost of one copy of the book.
2. Include the ability to pre-order also at retail price, offer to sell them additional books for their family, or friends.
3. Give the businesses the option of buying more books to sell or give away when their supplies have diminished.
4. Once the book is written, published and copies are purchased, here are ways that a community can optimize its use of an anthology book written. Sell copies from your chamber of commerce.
5. Sell books at local and regional events where promoting the community would be beneficial.
6. Have a free pdf offered online from your chamber of commerce website.
7. Sell the book on Kindle and other online digital and print book sites.
8. Encourage business owners to sell copies of the book from their businesses.
9. Sell copies of books at the library bookstore, the local historical society bookstore, and at community events where people from outside the community may attend and purchase the book as a souvenir.
10. Sell copies to regional and State agencies that promote tourism of your area.
I am certain that there are probably other ways to sell your local anthology that could unify the community and benefit local tourism and business.
Explore Writing a Book to Promote Your Community
If businesses in your community would like to investigate writing an anthology for your community, please contact me at email@example.com for a consultation.
Intrigued by the idea of writing a book to promote your business, but aren’t sure what exactly would be involved? Check out my book: Write a Book and Ignite Your Business
Available in Print
And on Kindle